Today’s podcast walks us through Stephanie Skryowski’s top four pieces of advice on what to do in January with your money. On a recent podcast episode, we talked about what to do in December with your money. If you have not listened to that episode, you can find it here – you’ll want to make sure you’ve done those things before you start thinking about what comes next!
It’s the perfect time of year to start fresh and really get a handle on what you can do to make your finances feel more manageable, less overwhelming and more within your control. Get ready for an informative episode that will help you start the new year off right!
First of all, get your mindset right. It [January] is a fresh start. It’s an opportunity to start over, to ditch some of those limiting beliefs when it comes to money and give yourself a fresh outlook, a fresh perspective, a fresh start. The year is new. It is an opportunity to do more, to do better, to change what you’ve done in the past. – Stephanie Skryzowski
What we talk about in this episode:
- Setting up the right systems for your business. Setting up systems in January will give you the opportunity to refine and shift those systems throughout the year.
- Assembling your team. Know the differences between an accountant, a CFO, a financial advisor or planner. Make sure you have the right people on your team to support you throughout the year.
- Scheduling finance time. Build finance time into your schedule, even if you’re only going over things by yourself. Mark it in your calendar, and treat it like any other important meeting.
- Making a detailed finance plan. Make a plan for the year, line by line, for revenue and expenses. Grab our template here if you need a little help!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Stephanie on Instagram
- The Profit Playbook
- The Finance Pro Quiz
- Episode 96: What to Do in December with your Money
Want more of the podcast?
- New episodes are released weekly! Find them all plus show notes and exclusive bonus content at 100degreesconsulting.com/podcast
- Leave us a review! Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Let me know what you loved most about this episode!
- Subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing
- Download the full episode transcript here