About 100 Degrees Consulting
100 Degrees Consulting provides CFO and bookkeeping services to visionary leaders. We help nonprofit organizations and entrepreneurs globally on all things finance; accounting, bookkeeping, audit, board reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow, 990s, and compliance. We give leaders clarity and confidence in their numbers so they can make a bigger impact on the world.
We are seeking a high performing CFO Consultant to the team to deliver a high level of service to our clients because we’re growing by leaps and bounds. The CFO Consultant will lead client engagements and support business development as the company grows.
We serve our clients with knowledge & expertise, passion for their mission, dependability, and approachability. We have high standards, high expectations, and we move quickly. We have extraordinary capacity and expect the same from everyone on the team. Most importantly, we love what we do and who we serve.
Chief Financial Officer Consultant Job Description
This is a client-facing role and would directly handle client accounts. This person needs to be financially savvy and able to provide high level analysis and value to our clients, but also willing to roll up their sleeves and do full-service bookkeeping. We are looking for a proactive leader whose top priority is client service. The right person will be most interested in serving our clients while enjoying a flexible work schedule, rather than trying to build their own business empire.
- Financial Analysis & Reporting – Support monthly financial forecasting and reporting for clients, perform ad hoc analyses, present findings to clients
- Bookkeeping – Support client monthly close process in various accounting systems, including bank reconciliations, A/P and A/R reconciliations, and journal entries, run payroll for clients, file 1099s for clients
- Project Management – Serve as lead project manager for client onboarding and various accounting projects. Use tools like ClickUp and Slack to manage organization tasks, timelines, and budgets
- Client Service & Communications – Deliver financial presentations to clients on a monthly basis. Liaise and communicate with current clients via email, phone, Slack, Zoom
- Processes – Develop, document, and update processes for monthly financial close in written and video SOPs
- Team Collaboration – Work closely with other CFOs and team members to share knowledge, improve processes, and share wins and challenges
- Highly experienced with Google Sheets and Excel
- Know Quickbooks Online like the back of your hand and flexible to learn other software as needed
- Experienced with nonprofit financial management, including 990 preparation, nonprofit audits, FASB and GAAP requirements, and restricted funds management
- Embrace technology like Google Workspace, Dropbox, Expensify, Slack, Asana, Zoom, and have experience integrating software with Quickbooks Online
- Are a skilled, professional writer and communicator
Qualities We’re Looking For
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented under pressure
- Hardworking, highly self-motivated, and a quick learner
- Great sense of humor, high-energy, and enthusiasm for working on a small and growing team
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- CPA would be great but not necessary
- 5 years’ experience leading the finance function of a nonprofit organization
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- The position may be full-time or part-time depending upon the candidate
- We offer a flexible, remote work environment
- You must be available to respond to client communication and take meetings during regular business hours in the US
- You have your own computer, mobile phone, and internet access
- You maintain a workspace free of unnecessary distraction where client and internal calls may be taken in a professional manner
- You are able to be on video chat for scheduled meetings
- Please fill out our application
We are an equal opportunity employer, and you would be joining a small, diverse team. We believe that diversity is an asset and inclusion is non-negotiable, so please only apply if you share those values.