In this episode, I share a conversation with Jon McCoy and Becky Endicott from We Are For Good, about a topic that’s near and dear to my heart – nonprofits and changing the world.
I’ve actually been on their podcast as well and we had SO MUCH FUN. I feel like we could have gone on for hours, they’re my newfound besties, and you’re going to flip at just how down-to-earth these folks are!
Jon and Becky knew each other since college and both started out their careers in marketing. Becky Endicott was a marketer and writer, while Jon McCoy was a designer. They both served the nonprofit sector through the Oklahoma State University Foundation.
And it was at this formative time, when they were entering into a billion dollar fundraising campaign, that they fell in love with the transformative power of philanthropy.
Can you imagine two ridiculously young, ridiculous idealists, building the marketing for a billion dollar campaign?! Well, long story short, they pulled through and thus began their journey through their fundraising careers.
But this dynamic duo wasn’t quite satisfied, they wanted to give back MORE and still have time to be with their families!
I mean, who says they can’t have both, right?!
And so, WE ARE FOR GOOD was born.
Join us on this episode as we discuss how they turned their love for philanthropy into a thriving fundraising consultancy business committed to social impact initiatives.
They’ll be sharing what it’s like to be two marketers in the nonprofit sector, the social impact of fundraising and volunteering, & how they’re nurturing the younger generations interested in forging their path in the philanthropic space.
So, make sure you tune in!
“Is the business we’re building, the business that we want to live in?” – Jon McCoy
“If you can invest some of that into yourself, then it will grow the mission exponentially.” – Becky Endicott
“If we want to get better as a group, and as a sector, we need to constantly be learning.” – Stephanie Skryzowski
In this episode, we explore:
- The story behind how Jonathan McCoy & Becky Endicott found and nurtured their passion for philanthropy and fundraising
- What it’s like building a fundraising consultancy as marketers
- How they are serving the younger generation interested in forging their path in the nonprofit sector
- Social impact uprisings and how it can lead the world to a more philanthropic place
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to Use Financials to Show Impact – Stephanie Skryzowski
- Ungettable Get List
- Stephanie’s blog post about her nonprofit experience and how you can change the world
- Master Your Nonprofit Numbers
- She’s The First
- Instagram – We Are For Good
- LinkedIn – We Are For Good
- We Are For Good Community
- We Are For Good Workshops
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
CPA, CFO, CFP? What’s the difference? If you need clarity on which finance pro you need for your organization, then take FINANCE PRO QUIZ – it only takes 3 minutes!
READY TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT?
Click here to subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing!