We are hiring! Read more below if you’re interested in working with nonprofit clients around the world in a bookkeeping role.
Not a bookkeeper? Click here to figure out which finance professional you need on your team!
100 Degrees Consulting provides CFO services to visionary leaders. We help purpose-driven leaders from nonprofit organizations and small businesses globally on all things finance; accounting, bookkeeping, audit, board reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, cash flow, 990s, and compliance. We give leaders clarity and confidence in their numbers so they can make a bigger impact on the world.
We are adding another high performing bookkeeper to the team to deliver a high level of service to our clients because we’re growing by leaps and bounds. The Bookkeeper will support client engagements and business development as the company grows.
Our core values are knowledge & expertise, passion for mission, dependability, and approachability. We have high standards, high expectations, and we move quickly. We have extraordinary capacity and expect the same from everyone on the team. Most importantly, we absolutely love what we do and who we serve.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping – Use a variety of accounting software packages to enter monthly and quarterly transactions, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, A/P and A/R reconciliations, and journal entries
- General Administration – Run payroll for clients, process vendor invoices, submit wire transfers
- Financial Reporting – Generate monthly financial reporting for clients, including customized dashboard reports
- Client Service & Communications – Liaise and communicate with current clients via email and phone on bookkeeping and accounting matters
- Love numbers and are an Excel whiz – think pivot tables and v-lookups
- Know multiple accounting systems or can get up to speed quickly if you don’t (bonus if you’re expert level in Quickbooks)
- Are meticulous about accuracy and ensure anything you submit has been checked and double-checked
- Hate being late and never miss a deadline
- Communicate proactively with questions and updates both internally and to clients
- Believe that no journal entry is too big or too complicated and enjoy highly detailed work
- Energized by providing clients with best-in-class bookkeeping
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can stay organized and detail-oriented under pressure
- Hardworking, highly self-motivated, and a quick learner
- Embrace technology and systems like Slack, Trello, Salesforce, etc
- Have experience with and passion for nonprofits
- Are a skilled writer and communicator
- Have a great sense of humor, high-energy, and enthusiasm for working on a small and growing team
- Has own computer (PC is strongly preferred), phone, and internet access
- Maintains a workspace free of unnecessary distraction where client and internal calls may be taken in a professional manner
- Is able to be on video chat for scheduled meetings
Education and/or experience:
- 2-4 years of nonprofit bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is preferred
- This is a contractor (1099) position
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- .25 FTE right now (about 40 hours/month) with great potential to grow
- Flexible remote work environment
Send a cover letter explaining why you think we’re a good fit and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
(Are you looking for the right finance professional to join your team, but not exactly sure what you need? Download this quiz to help you find out which finance person you need!)