I’m really excited about this episode of our podcast because today I get to introduce you to my speaking coach, Jessica Rasdall.
Jessica Rasdall is a Motivational Speaker, Best Selling Author, Public Speaking Strategist, and the host of The Speak to Scale Podcast. She partners with entrepreneurs to help them scale their business (and impact) from the stage.
She has shared her story of turning her “mess into a message” for over fourteen years and has been featured on major international media outlets such as ABC’s 20/20, Katie Couric, The Guardian, MTV, Netflix, and much more.
Jessica is a public speaking powerhouse and the go-to person I called on to help me craft my talks.
So, naturally, our conversation went beyond the typical “tips and tricks” you might find elsewhere. We dove into the ways that speaking is a true act of service for your audience and we explored everything from stepping out of your comfort zone to overcome the nervousness that public speaking brings to how speaking at events can become a functioning part of your business and why it’s not a “one and done” thing if you do it well.
So, if you’ve ever felt called to speak, wondered if your business could benefit from booking speaking engagements, or you’re just ready to get out of your own way and share your message with the world, this episode is going to get you inspired and give you concrete steps to go for it.
I have goosebumps just thinking about it, but that’s when you start to realize, “Okay, this wasn’t really about me.” Look what I was able to do for them. If you can just tap into that feeling before you hit live play or whatever, it becomes a lot easier to just show up and serve them well.
– Jessica Rasdall
In This Episode We Explore:
- What role speaking can play in your business no matter what industry you’re in
- How to get out of your comfort zone and step into your role as a speaker (And how Jessica helped me make that happen)
- How your talks create a pathway to the “next steps” your audience will need to take to solve their problems, tackle their challenges, or shift their mindsets
- Why speaking is a service to your audience and how to make sure you leave them better than you found them when they hear your message
- The best way to overcome the nervousness that often comes with speaking at events (Yes, even if you’re an introvert)
Connect With Jessica
Want more of the 100 Degrees of Entrepreneurship podcast?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
If you want to stay in the loop about what our next episode is live, enter your email below
Ready To Step Outside Your Comfort Zone And Make A Bigger Impact?
New Podcast Episodes Drop Each Week.
Click here to subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing!