As the year draws to a close, a lot of you have reached out and asked me what you can do to significantly improve your bookkeeping.
Now, I know that math isn’t as fun for most people as it is for me, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t make simple shifts in your business to make your bookkeeping less daunting!
So, hear me out, my friend and let me share 3 actionable + simple steps on how you can be more intentional and improve your bookkeeping practices for 2022 (and the years to come)!
improve your bookkeeping for better analysis of your numbers:
- First of, you’ll need to review your chart of accounts and customize it to your business. We’re using QuickBooks and it’s one of the easiest ways to track and organize your numbers regardless if you have a bookkeeper in your team or not.
- Use classes in QuickBooks to sort and categorize items in your business at a granular level. This helps in creating an overview of your deparment’s revenue and expenses!
- You can run better reports by having comparative data handy and notating your budget in your QuickBooks. This means you need to track your numbers accurately so that you have something to measure against when you’re trying to figure out how much your numbers have progressed.
Bookkeeping doesn’t have to be complicated and I’m here to show you how. So, make sure you tune in to this episode to learn more about practical applications for each of these steps!
“Don’t think of the budget as something limiting. Your budget is just your goals that you have set at a certain point in time. And then throughout the year, we’re just going to measure against that set of goals.” – Stephanie Skryzowski
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to review your chart of accounts and customize it to your business
- Why you should use classes and how it will help you with running P&L by departments
- What you need to start running better reports
- How to shift your perspective on budgeting
More resources to help you improve your bookkeeping:
- What You Should Do Next With Your Finances
- 8 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Bookkeeper
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
You hear me talk all the time about how important it is to know your numbers as a business owner. But you may be thinking, well, how in the world do I do that? Where do I even begin? So, I have a free resource for you!
The Profit Playbook is an amazing template that you spend about 15 minutes getting it all set up. And you can literally see into the future of your business revenue, expenses, cash flow, just like a crystal ball. It is a huge resource that will absolutely help you create a roadmap to reach your goals in your business.
It’s FREE so make sure you download it now!