Today on the podcast, you’ll hear from CFO Consultant Suzi Howk. Suzi and I sit down to talk about connecting to your work in a mission-oriented way. We chat about how remote work fits into that equation, allowing her to serve her clients and how it’s benefited her family.
Suzi grew up with entrepreneurial parents and discovered a natural affinity for numbers. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business from Iowa State University and began working with an agricultural nonprofit after graduation. She spent 15 years there helping with all things administration and finance before joining the remote team at 100 Degrees Consulting. Suzi and I discuss what that transition was like and how her previous role helps her connect to her current clients.
She’s passionate about finance and working with her clients as a strategic business partner. She firmly believes organizations make better decisions when they fully understand their finances. We are so excited to have Suzi on the team, and even more excited to chat with her on the podcast.
“I love the number part of it. I have always said you can’t make good decisions unless you know your numbers and understand your numbers well.” – Suzi Howk
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Suzi’s upbringing influenced her love of finances, and how she’s used that knowledge to move from administration into finance throughout her career.
- What it was like to transition to a fully remote position and the pros and cons of working from home.
- Her mission-minded moment and how that inspires her in her current role.
- How remote work provides a company with the ability to tap into the most talented employees in the industry.
- How better understanding finances can help a company build sustainably and create a lasting impact.
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
Are you feeling stuck with what to do next to manage the money in your business?
Maybe you’ve logged into QuickBooks once or twice, but got instantly overwhelmed. Or you started to set revenue goals, but don’t know where to go from here. Maybe you simply know that managing your numbers is the right thing to do, but you don’t know what that actually means. Don’t worry, friend! I’ve got just the thing.
Managing Your Business Finances Like a CFO is my brand new 10 step checklist that will help you manage your business like a CFO without making it your full time job.
READY TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT?
Click here to subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing!