In the early days of starting a business, most business owners find they have to be involved in all the big and small decisions. As you start adding team members to your payroll, you may reach a tipping point that necessitates bringing on a COO.
In this episode, Stephanie Skryzowski discusses when she realized that it was time to hire a senior leader in her business. Handing over the reins may seem a little scary, but if your team feels overloaded by the growth of your company, it’s time!
I needed somebody who was both a strategic thinker who could sort of help me sit with me at 30,000 feet and see the big picture, but also somebody very tactical that would know how to create a project plan and how to put all of the wheels into motion and support the team to actually get things done.
– Stephanie Srkyzowski
Key takeaways mentioned in this episode:
- How to recognize when team growth exceeds your ability to manage the team well
- When to take stock of unfinished projects – no one to handle them, no capacity for taking on something new
- Knowing when you need a senior team member to handle strategy/2nd in command
- How to: come up with a title, understand the impact on the budget/bottom line
Links mentioned in this episode:
Want more of the podcast?
- New episodes are released weekly! Find them all plus show notes and exclusive bonus content at 100degreesconsulting.com/podcast
- Leave us a review! Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Let me know what you loved most about this episode!
- Subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing
- Download the full episode transcript here