I’ve been getting this question lately, and so I felt compelled to share my daily routine for ease and efficiency!
As an Enneagram 3 (and a Capricorn at that!), routine and plans are my love language. I love it when my mind is clear on the objective and my steps are all meticulously laid out for maximum efficiency.
But anyone with a small child would agree that it’s quite a miracle to actually go through a perfectly planned routine! Like, it’s almost as if they have a sixth sense that fires up when you’re trying to do something without them.
I used to be the person who wakes up at 5AM, meditate, and have my cup of tea in peace. In my ideal world, that would be how my mornings would play out. That has not been the case recently and I felt like it’s important that we talked about these things simply because there seems to be this misconception that if you don’t have a productive morning routine, then you’re lazy and the day is wasted.
I know, I know. I need to make time or else I’m never going to do it, but that’s just not possible for a lot of people in lots of different reasons and phases in their life.
And so, I wanted to share this episode to give you a sneak peek into how I go about my day and all the routines that worked best + stuck with me the most!
- Wake up before my kids.
- Do some journaling / reading.
- Don’t touch my phone.
Afternoons (also my end of the workday):
- Try and not schedule meetings until the very last minute of my workday.
- Do a final scan of my email and file things away that don’t require my immediate attention.
- Check off anything that got done for the day and update due dates, if neeeded.
- Tidy up my desk.
Building my business and working from home has been one of the most liberating decisions I’ve made in my life, but it also comes with its own learning moments.
Here are some of the things I’ve learned about routines (and how to do it with ease and efficiency):
- You can build a routine, but that doesn’t mean you’ll be able to follow it perfectly every day.
- Just because you’re not following your routine one day doesn’t mean it’s wasted and you should feel bad about yourself.
- Routine is something we can work on later down the road, when children get older. And so it’s worth it to not stress about getting one in place today.
- There are only so many hours in the day and having a routine means you can maximize your time better.
- The longer you work at something, the easier it becomes.
- Building routine is a marathon and not a sprint!
- We have to give ourselves grace for building routine because it takes time to adjust to anything new that comes into our lives.
- Let go of perfectionism, but focus more on progression.
I hope this episode is helpful for those of you who struggle with building a routine with ease and efficiency! I promise it gets easier with each passing year, but it does require a lot of patience.
If this episode resonated with you at all, go ahead and leave a comment below, or follow me on Instagram and let’s chat!
“Try to be consistent with your morning process and you will go into the day feeling so much lighter and just feeling a lot more at ease.”
– Stephanie Skryzowski
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What I do to have an easy and efficient morning
- Some of the things I avoid doing to make my days less stressful
Links mentioned in this episode:
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
You hear me talk all the time about how important it is to know your numbers as a business owner. But you may be thinking, well, how in the world do I do that? Where do I even begin? So, I have a free resource for you!
The Profit Playbook is an amazing template that you spend about 15 minutes getting it all set up. And you can literally see into the future of your business revenue, expenses, cash flow, just like a crystal ball. It is a huge resource that will absolutely help you create a roadmap to reach your goals in your business.
It’s FREE so make sure you download it now!
READY TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT?
Click here to subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing!