Last week I shared three of my favorite books in 2019 and how they made an impact on my life and business (and we have a fun giveaway running – enter at the end of this post to win copies of these books!) Little things, like reading a handful of good books, add up to big things, like changing how I think, act, and run my business. We don’t always need walk on the moon-level goals!
So today I wanted to share with you a simple change I’ve made that has significantly improved my balance, inner peace, and leadership ability:
Establishing a morning and afternoon routine
I don’t know about you, but my days often start with a whirlwind of activity and before I know it, eight hours have passed and I’m closing the laptop completely exhausted and ready to drown the stress of the day in a big bowl of pasta.
By starting and closing my days with a similar routine, I enter and leave my (home) office feeling accomplished, calm, focused, and ready to take on the next day with peace and ease.
- I get up at the same time each day, early, and before my kids, to eliminate the crazy multi-tasking of getting everyone ready simultaneously
- I spend at least ten minutes quietly journaling, reading, or meditating to focus my mind
- I don’t touch my phone or computer until I’m done (most of the time!) to reduce distractions
- I plan tomorrow’s priorities and ensure they’re aligned with my big picture goals
- I update my to-do list accordingly, then cross at least one thing off
- I clean off my desk. Remove empty cups, stray post-its, and put everything in its place
As a busy entrepreneur and mama, these little changes in my daily routine have resulted in a year of:
Focus – I know exactly what needs to be done and when
Growth – I can calmly and deliberately focus on my most important tasks that align with my biggest goals
Balance – I have intentional work and family times and my routines signal the beginning and end of each
What little changes have given you big results?
Have you entered our giveaway yet? Enter for the chance to win three of my favorite books to kick off 2020 with inspiration, clarity, purpose!