Employees are the lifeblood of the company and is, ultimately, the driving force behind its success. So, how do we get the right people that fit our company culture aboard our ship? How easy is it to pay them fairly and still be profitable? In this episode, we have the amazing CEO of Fortress and Flourish – Candice Elliot, guide us through the basics of people, pay, and profit!
As an Enneagram 3w2, nothing brings me greater joy than setting goals, achieving them, AND helping as many people as I can in the process. So, you can just imagine the joy and excitement I felt when I shared a conversation with someone like Candice Elliott, who puts into focus a lot of the things that business owners and organizations need to do to make this happen in an HR perspective.
Candice’s passion and expertise in implementing stellar HR strategies not only allows her to help small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and international corporations grow their business, but also allow them to keep and nurture their workforce. She is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources and specializes in California Labor Law who believes in a creative approach to developing management systems based on her unique worldview.
Join us in this week’s episode, as Candice Elliot shares her top tips on keeping your best employees, the importance of fair pay, and how it contributes to greater profits. She also dives into the value of pay transparency in job ad listings, minimum and living wages, and even employee handbooks. She will also reveal some of the most common mistakes businesses make when it comes to compensation and how these errors can be costly to the bottom line.
“As you widen your circle, you come in contact with more people… And so, if there aren’t good systems in place, it can lead to conflict and miscommunication.” – Candice Elliot
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Candice Elliott’s creative journey to human resource management
- Importance of human resource in the growth of the company
- Pros and cons of putting salaries on job ad listings
- Benefits of being in the pay transparency spectrum
- How outliers can harm your company’s foundation
- Tips on how to analyze competitive salaries
- Why compensations goes hand in hand with profitability
Links in this episode:
- Fortress and Flourish
- Candice Elliott on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Keep the love and leave the hurt with these 5 practices to increase diversity, equality and justice at work:
More resources that can help boost your business efficiency and nurture your team:
- How to Keep Your Business Running While You Are On Vacation
- How to Build a Thriving Team
- Your Business is NOT Your Baby
- Investing in Your Business Infrastructure to Build a Team
- 8 Tips to Host a Virtual Team Retreat
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
Are you feeling stuck with what to do next to manage the money in your business?
Maybe you’ve logged into QuickBooks once or twice, but got instantly overwhelmed. Or you started to set revenue goals, but don’t know where to go from here. Maybe you simply know that managing your numbers is the right thing to do, but you don’t know what that actually means. Don’t worry, friend! I’ve got just the thing.Managing Your Business Finances Like a CFO is my brand new 10 step checklist that will help you manage your business like a CFO without making it your full time job.