In this episode, we’re going to be talking about the three things you should do every month in Quickbooks. These are really important things to keep on top of, in order to make sure that your business finances are in good shape. But don’t worry, I won’t get all technical here! In fact, if you listen to this episode, you’ll find out that tracking your numbers doesn’t take quite as much time as you think it does.
Here’s a brief overview of how your monthly Quickbook habit should look like:
1. Make sure that all of your bank accounts and credit cards associated with your business are integrated to your Quickbooks. Doing so will help you keep track of your numbers more efficiently.
2. Reconcile your bank accounts. The data that’s in your Quickbooks and your bank account should match.
Something I learned the hard way was that Quickbooks isn’t quite as smart as it thinks it is. Sometimes it will categorize items wrong, sometimes it might even duplicate things by mistake. So, make it a habit to go through your transactions and add in the details on what those transactions were. This will ensure that the numbers on both end are accurate.
3. Don’t forget to run your reports! Look at your Profit and Loss statements and your balance sheet every single month. This allows you to monitor and assess your company’s assets and liabilities.
So, really… there’s barely any math involved here since Quickbooks does most of it for you. All you need to do now is to run your Quickbooks account (at least once every month) update it with your month’s numbers, and review the reports.
Want to learn more on the steps I take to implement these three things for my business and as well as my clients? Make sure you tune in to this episode! I’ll go over each one in detail and explain how it can help you keep your business finances in check. Promise, it’s not as daunting as it sounds!
“Quickbooks can help you get some really good insight into your business finances, if it’s used correctly and timely.” – Stephanie Skryzowski
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why debt is not all that bad
- How to tell if you’re ready (or not ready) for business debt
- Things you can do to lower the potential risks that come with business debt
More resources to help you manage your finances more efficiently:
- Improve Your Bookkeeping in Three Steps
- How to Build Good Money Habits That Stick
- How to Track Restricted Funds Using Classes in Quickbooks Online
- What You Should Do Next With Your Finances
WANT MORE OF THE 100 DEGREES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PODCAST?
Follow me on Instagram: @stephanie.skry (Tag me in your screenshots of the podcast and I’ll be sure to share!)
Are you feeling stuck with what to do next to manage the money in your business?
Maybe you’ve logged into QuickBooks once or twice, but got instantly overwhelmed. Or you started to set revenue goals, but don’t know where to go from here. Maybe you simply know that managing your numbers is the right thing to do, but you don’t know what that actually means. I’ve got you covered!
Managing Your Business Finances Like a CFO is my brand new 10 step checklist that will help you manage your business like a CFO without making it your full time job.
It’s FREE so make sure you download it now!
READY TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT?
Click here to subscribe to the show so you don’t miss a thing!Click here to read the full transcript.